Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Bowl!

I'd be lying if I said I expected the Packers to be in the Super Bowl.  When the season started, yeah, I thought they had a good shot, but after racking up an ungodly amount of injuries, including offensive playmakers in Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley, it seemed like a cursed team.  Boy, was I wrong.  Kudos to the entire team for sticking with it, having guys step up and getting the job done.  What a season!

Just like with the Rose Bowl, it's so strange that the Packers return to the Super Bowl the one year I'm out of the country.  Unlike with the Badgers, I missed a lot of Green Bay's games this season because Sunday noon starts are either 2 or 3 a.m. starts on Monday morning here in Korea.  That's pretty hard to pull off, while college games start early on Sunday morning, which leaves plenty of time for the much needed recovery nap.

I guess it's fitting too that I won't be able to watch the big game.  I don't think that has fully settled into my subconscious yet, even though I've known about the possibility for quite some time.  You see I'll be on a boat in the middle of Halong Bay (look it up; it's beautiful) off the coast of Vietnam.  I'm extremely excited for my trip but just can't believe I'm going to miss my team playing in the Super Bowl.  I guess it's better than throwing up all through the game like I did last time the Pack was playing for all the marbles.  Let's hope that's not the case again, or I'll really be miserable.  Knock on wood...

No comments:

Post a Comment