Monday, December 6, 2010

School Lunch

I really can't complain about my school's lunch program.  Four of five days I'm plenty satisfied with my meal.  I think the quality is a notch above American school lunch.  The biggest difference between lunch time at a Korean high school and its American counterpart is that you won't see anyone eating anything but what the school provides.  Sure, the kids will have snacks throughout the day from the school store, but at lunch everyone eats the same thing.   Below is a sample lunch (unfortunately not one of the best days).


Every lunch has some sort of kimchi (top left).  On this day we were blessed with radish kimchi (probably one of my least favorites).  And we always have rice (bottom left) and some time of soup (bottom right).  This day it was seaweed soup, which is a pretty steady, mild choice.  Then we typically have some other type of vegetable dish and a meat or tofu concoction. 

Today was seaweed soup, a carrot and meat (including octopus tentacles) entree in a sweet sauce, with cucumber kimchi (my favorite) and some other slightly sour greens.  A pretty solid lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment