Friday, October 29, 2010

Teeth brushing

My fellow native English teachers keyed me in on this phenomenon early on, but I didn't really notice it at first.  But once my eyes were opened I couldn't avoid it. Koreans brush their teeth all the time!

Everyone, students and teachers, brushes their teeth after lunch, but on Wednesday I even caught my co-teacher brushing his teeth at 3 p.m.  Maybe he just forgot to after lunch?

It's not that it's a bad habit; it's not at all.  But it's inescapable.  Thursday a student asked me a question, and when I finally figured out that she was asking for toothpaste, suddenly I had a heard of students following me into my office to feed at the trough of free toothpaste.  It was crazy!

But the really weird moment involving teeth brushing came later that day.  I was in the shower at the gym and this guy came in, you guessed it, brushing his teeth.  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment