Monday, August 30, 2010

Figuring out household appliances

I like to think I'm not a complete dope, but I've sure felt like one many times over the past few days.  Figuring out how to work some of the appliances around the house was definitely one of those occasions. The gas stove was pretty straight forward, the microwave I can figure out at least how to turn it on and the fan was simple. However, the rice cooker was impossible, in large part because I never used one.

And I forgot about the fact that I needed to turn the hot water on in order to have any.  So I went two days with cold showers, and when I finally remembered to turn it on I also turned on the floor heat (Korean homes are heated through hot water under the wooden floors), so my apartment got very warm.

I'm not saying I've gotten in all figured out, but I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment