Monday, August 30, 2010

Muk!

I knew the moment was coming, and honestly I didn't think it would take as long as it did. But this morning I had my first child point and yell at me.

Here I was walking to school about 8:20.  Suddenly there were elementary students everywhere on their way to school because they don't start until 9 a.m.

As I get closer to school there is a busier street where one of the shops sells treats popular with the kids.  So of coures there was a cluster of kids that I had to pass through.  Just as I get close one of the kids spots me and yells "muk," which I'm fairly certain means American.  I was soon deluged by twenty or so hellos at various times and in various tones.  It was really cute.  It definitely put a big grin on my face that was hard to rid myself of.

Then as I continued walking it reminded me of the Castle Anthrax from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  If that's my form of peril, I can stand some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment