Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ready to break out...

It's been challenging the first few days here in Korea as after my co-teacher and the head teacher dropped me off the first night I've been on my own.

So Saturday I went back to the store for a few things and generally explored the neighborhood (aka I got lost).  But I always eventually found my way home.

Sunday I planned to get out and try to do more, including figuring out the subway system, but it rained hard all morning and until about 1 p.m.  Finally I did get out and made the short walk to the subway, but I couldn't figure out how to purchase a card other than the temporary kind (it all made sense later when I got a card with my co-teacher).

But I did get out and take some pictures of the minor flooding around the city after the big storm and my school.  All in all, it was just good to get out of the house.  With no internet connection, no phone and no ability to plug in my computer (no adaptor yet) the silence was getting a little old.  Hopefully those issues get worked out soon.

I'm starting to connect with some other teachers from the UW program through facebook, but it will be really nice to have a phone and be able to easily meet up with them.  I can't wait to get out and do more, but it would be really nice to do that with others in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment