Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm not afraid anymore...

I thought of this title because I watched Home Alone, yes, that Home Alone, on the plane over here.  I finally ventured outside of my little neighborhood yesterday when I hopped the train to Ansan.  I stopped a Lotte Mart, a large Korean department/grocery store, on my way, so I stopped on the way back, hoping to find an adaptor to plug American appliances in at home.

First, I explored the grocery area, picking up a knife to spread jam (works much better than the blade of a pocket knife) and a water bottle for work.

Then I went upstairs and ran into the foodcourt where I ate scarfed down an extremely greasy meal of Popeyes chicken and biscuits.  This was my first fast food meal here, and it hit my gut like a brick.  I'm not a huge fast food fan in the first place, but it was nice to have familiar food without having to make it. 

Ordering on the other hand, that was a challenge.  Like a half-brained idiot, I just pointed at the sign and put up one finger to indicate I wanted the No. 1 combo.  It worked, but I left the counter feeling pretty stupid.

After dinner, I went to explore the department store, finding a screwdriver, batteries, scotch tape and most importantly an adaptor!

Glorious!  As of 7:45 Monday night music was finally heard in my little abode!  Now I just need the internet and a phone and I'll be up and running!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it was a little C-Spine busting out of those speakers. After all, the taste is this weekend and you know they're there. (Now I just have to figure out how to get everyone to the rock stage without your backup). Also, they aren't the closing act this year... weird I know.

    ReplyDelete