Friday, September 10, 2010

Manna from Heaven aka my ARC

Those of us here is Korean have been patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for one thing since we arrived - our ARC (alien registration card).

Before coming to Korea I assumed it would take a week or so to get up and running with a phone and internet. Boy, was I wrong!  Upon arrival we found out that for most of us, we wouldn't be able to get internet at home or a phone until we got our ARC.

I was lucky enough to go to the immigration office shortly after I arrived, but it would take up to 10 days for my information to be process and sent.

So when yesterday (Friday here) came I was hoping for a package in the mail. And to my great delight it came about midday!  Hopefully Monday I can knock out the big three - bank account, cell phone and home internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment